Members of the Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association enjoy free attendance at CLE programming, access to members-only resources on the NDNY-FCBA website, and other benefits.
Membership in the Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association offers a variety of benefits:
- Educational Programs: The FCBA offers educational programs and for-credit CLE seminars, at nominal or no cost to active members, which focus on substantive and procedural areas of federal practice.
- Practitioner’s Tips: The FCBA’s Federal Practice Committee compiles invaluable and practical guidance to lawyers who practice in District Court in the Northern District of New York.
- Annual Events for Members: An annual meeting and dinner of the full FCBA membership, swearing-in ceremonies, symposia and other events foster social interaction among the federal judiciary, Clerk’s office and FCBA members.
- Opportunity to Serve: FCBA committees work closely with the federal bench and bar and play an integral role in providing recommendations to the Board of Judges regarding court policies and procedures.
- Court History: The FCBA’s Historical Committee actively promotes awareness of the Northern District’s rich history by sponsoring lectures and coordinating the nomination of recipients for the Annual Judge James Duane Award.
- Enhanced Web Site: The FCBA’s new-and-improved web site serves as a clearinghouse for useful information to federal practitioners.